Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Dacor compressor on top refrigerator (EF48DBSS).

Customer Question
Hi, we have a Dacor...
Hi, we have a Dacor compressor on top refrigerator (EF48DBSS). The compressor goes through periods where it is constantly turning on and off. It was a bit dusty/dirty, so we vacuumed it out without much improvement. It is 5-6 years old and has otherwise performed flawlessly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/28/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Did you thoroughly vacuum the condenser coil?

I also used my air compressor and long blow gun to clean all the books and crannies.
Nooks:)

Does the refrigerator stay cold?

it stays cold with no apparent problem.

I think the cycling problem is caused by an intermittent thermistor temperature sensor. Go to www.partselect.com, and order part number PS 968737. The price is $18.29.

The sensor is located near the evaporator coil. It's a plug in part, and it's easily replaced.

Thanks; I will try that!

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?

Hi John, I don't think I need any more assistance. This refrigerator is a beast and actually has 4 thermistors (2 each for freezer and fridge) according to the schematic. Apparently I can check the resistance of each to determine which one is failing, I just have not had time to do so yet. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.