Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Recently ice started forming both inside and outside the…

Customer Question
Recently ice started forming both...
Recently ice started forming both inside and outside the "ice bucket" of our Samsung model RF267ABRS refrigerator. That ice jams the tray and makes it unable to dispense ice "cubes."
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is likely a leak in the seal around the opening from where the ice dispenses. If you shine a light up in there, do you see any issues with the seal of that little flapper door?

No. The seal seems to be intact. The leakage I'm referring to is inside the ice maker housing itself. The water is leaking into the ice tray and freezing inside the tray. The tray also freezes to the inside of the surrounding housing.

Are the cubes large and then stuck together, like maybe the valve is not shutting off and seeping?

If the water pressure is adequate to the valve (not from an RO system), then the valve will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Where is the water valve located? And what is an RO system?
Is that valve inside the actual ice maker assembly?
If you are referring to the water pressure into our home, it is okay. The ice-maker has been working fine up to just a few days ago. The refrigerator is 5-6 years old and has been connected to the same service line for the entire period.