Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

, I have a Miele G843 with a blinking intake drain

Customer Question

Hi-
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Miele G843 with a blinking intake drain light and I can't reset it. All filters are clean and ball check is functioning correctly. Unit drains for 2 seconds, pauses, then drains for 25 seconds. Then it starts to fill. Then error light comes on. I did manage to get it to go through half a cycle, and also noticed that water was not heating. My error code is F05.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are three reasons that light will blink.

• The water cannot drain from the machine
  • The water is not filling into the machine
  • The heater pressure switch is not getting actuated because of too little water pressure while washing

Is the water filling well or just trickling in? There is a screen in the inlet valve that may be plugged. That valve is in the hose assembly under the sink.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water flows in just fine. I checked the screen in the hose assembly and it is clean.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so if it is draining fine as well, then you have an issue either with the recirculation pressure or the heater pressure switch is faulty.