Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Viking gas oven (36VGIC) 2005. When the oven is on…

Customer Question
I have a Viking gas...
I have a Viking gas oven (36VGIC) 2005. When the oven is on I have problems lighting the top burners. The igniters just click constantly and I have to use a match to light the top burners. What should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/27/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

It sounds like the oven gas regulator is not supplying enough gas for both the oven and the top burners at the same time. If the oven is not turned on, do the top burners light? Does the range operate on propane or natural gas?

the top burners work fine when the oven is off
Natural gas

OK. The gas regulator is most likely the culprit. Please check the gas supply line behind the range to see if there is a gas regulator in the line, and, whether or not it has a removable cap with a slot in it. Please let me know what you find.

Ok. I will wait until my husband gets home in about an hour and will get back to you.

OK. Thank you.

Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?