Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana AXP 20 oven and I would like to change the…

Customer Question
I have an Amana AXP...
I have an Amana AXP 20 oven and I would like to change the start up program. How can I reduce the fan speed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Which fan you have three fans in this model !

Two cooling fans and one convection fan motor

I don't know what fan, but what happens is when I use the oven for pizza or nachos the fan blows all the toppings off or blows the chips from the plate when I set the food in the oven
It probably is the convection fan that blows directly down that is at full speed and I would like to change it to be less forceful

ok that would be the convection fan motor .

and you have a high or a low speed , those are the only two options .

Are you using =the low speed or the high speed setting?

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Do you have the manual or the Quick start reference guide for this unit?

I do have a manual but it has no reference on how the change the fan speed on the start up or fan speed when the oven is on idle
you can change the temp but not the fan

here is the manual on page 34 it tells you how to program the fan speed .

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/AXP20_sm.pdf

page 34 line #7

that page only changes the food menu cooking not the start
I have read the manual from cover to cover and tried to change the initial fan speed and all it will change is the temperature. I have no problem changing the food cooking menu. But it still blows too hard when I put it into the oven.
What happened? Did you abandon our conversation?
Appliance Technician: ,  replied 2 years ago
Phone call session started
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan speed must be programmed to low speed in the item menu that you program. You can add an item to the menu that you can use for low speed only. See step 7 on page 34. There is no way to make the fan run on low speed for every setting.

Kelly, Appliance Technician