Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. Water backs up into the

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio...
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. Water backs up into the area where we put the detergent. It backs up when the lid is closed and runs down the front of the machine and into the tub. What can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
1/27/2016
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your washer

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

If water is backing up into the dispenser, you have a blockage in the tube leaving the dispenser down into the wash tube. You will need to loft the top of the washer. The dispenser housing is just under the top and you should be able to see what is blocking it.

If you still need clarification on this, please supply me with the complete model number off the label on the machine and I will do my best to help you out further.

We are on the honor system here. Please rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excellent service. Question - how do I lift the top of the washer? Do I pry it open? It doesn't just lift up.

I need the model number of your machine. They made quite a few different designs

Look on the backside of the lid opening. Lift the lid half way up and peer under to see the number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found the clips on front and got the lid open. The dispenser wasn't blocked. I cleaned a little buildup.

Try pouring water down into the dispenser housing and see if it drain down rapidly.

Were you able to get the model number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # *****
Water runs smoothly. I ran a clean cycle. Seems ok.

Are you using the detergent in the pods or liquid/powder?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are using powder. (HE). We did another load today ant it backed up again. Water and soap came up into the machine and down the front of the machine.

It is hard for me to figure this out without being there. It seems like it should be a simple problem. If you take the top up and put the normal amount of soap in the cup and then take a pitcher of water and pour it over the soap, does it overflow?

The cup should looklike this : click here

The soap should just flow out the bottom of the cup thru that slot in the bottom.

Were you able to try out the last suggestion on your washer. I am very interested in getting to the bottom of the problem with you.

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician