Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 duet washer, when you press start all of the…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 duet...
I have a 2008 duet washer, when you press start all of the lights start flickering off and on, it won't respond to anything, I have to unplug it to get it to stop flickering. What's the problem? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

Hello have you had any recent power surges or outages in your area

No, nothing unusual at all.

Goodmorning if nothing unusual has taken place then .can you remove the top panel on the washer to check every connection that goes to the computer it seems you may have a faulty user interface

I would call but I'm on disability/ fixed income my account is empty until next month, Here is what has happened since we last spoke. I removed the top and bottom panels and unplugged and replugged all of the connectors, I removed the door latch and checked it out, it seems ok but before the door can lock it starts flashing off and on the moment I push the start button. It won't cancel and I have to cut power to it to get it to reset. Sometimes I push the start button and nothing happens except the tones it makes when you push that button. Very frustrating I can't even get a fault code!!!

Hello the control board is not responding you have to unplug it thats a faulty computer board .

I can get you a price on a website and where to find it

Can you send me a photo or instructions how to remove it, every diagram I find looks different then mine. It's a 2008 whirlpool duet washer, thanks.

Sure let me get a photo of control board

Hello if you go to searspartdirect.com enter your model number it pulls up the price and the complete diagram of how the parts go in place please rate me high on my helping you as thats how i get paid if you need furtjer help just send me a reply .

Sorry for not responding sooner, you said its the control board, this machine shows there are 2. Which one is it that I need?

Hello there are 2 boards one is at the bottom of the machine its called the motor control board the top is the main control board thats the one you will need.

I've already repaired the mcu on the bottom, look at the Sears, parts page you directed me to and you will see there are two control boards both on top both cost several hundred dollars so I want to get the right one. Please check and advise.
Thank you.

Hello on the searspartdirect diagram number 14 is the control board you need the other is a user interface it plugs into the main board

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician