Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Brand new 6-8 month old LG washing machine....hose under the

Customer Question

Brand new 6-8 month old LG washing machine....hose under the machine sprung a leak and flooded my washroom....I have the replacement hose, AEM73213001, or LP13343...accordian type hose, about 8 inches long with clamps on each end....I replaced the one that was split and flooding my washroom, I just need to know if the little short hose has to be positioned in a specific position....it is short, but it is a little "bent" or "flexed slightly"....Please let me know if it needs to be in a specific position...we have it secured just like the old one that came off (6-8 month old LG washer, already ruptured hose!!!)....Thanks, Judy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, the hose comes slightly bent because the drain pump is in the lower right corner under the tub. The hose has a natural bend in it but it doesn't matter which end connects to the pump. Just connect it so that the natural bend goes the same direction as the picture attached below.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.