Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

A Kenmore u[right freezer.
, I bought a used Kenmore…

Customer Question
Tim: A...

Tim: A Kenmore u[right freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I bought a used Kenmore upright freezer. In order to transport it, I had to take the door off and cut the three wires (two black and one green) thaty go to the door. I could reconnecnt the green wire as it was just attacher to a nut, The black wire were attacher to a black disc (bakelite?) on the top to the door, and I can't find a way to reattach tham. What function does the electricity to the door perform? Do I need to reattach them?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Kcrand36, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, Technician

good morning. I am Kevin, one of the techs here on JA.

Do you know the model # ***** the freezer?

No. It is old. At least 10 years old.