Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Our stove top range is making a clicking noise-like the

Customer Question

Our stove top range is making a clicking noise-like the noise it makes when it ignites- about every 10 seconds. Nothing is igniting and there is no gas smell.
Is this dangerous? Does it require immediate attention?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

one of the spark electrodes are stuck on meaning either the switch has faulted or the spark module has faulted if you give me the model number of the stove I can give you repair instructions and replacement part numbers for the unit, as far as being dangerous, no because gas is not gonna come out until the valve is turned on so it will not ignite anything but it will burn out the spark electrode eventually.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!