Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire dryer, Gallery series, Model #

Customer Question
***** The control panel gives...
I have a Frigidaire dryer, Gallery series, Model # ***** The control panel gives a pause error code: "P:AU" How can this be reset?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

PAU means that the dryer thinks the door has opened. That means you either have a bad control board, or the door switch has failed. You'd need to take the dryer apart and test the door switch to know if the door switch is good or not using a multimeter, but if the door switch checks good, then you need to replace the control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks for your answer, I would need to call a tech, to come out to take apart the dryer. I do not believe I have the equip. to do this and a multimeter. Any idea how much a control board runs and who to contact to fix in the area Oakland Ca?

I don't know who is in your area for service unfortunately since I'm out of Colorado, but the board is no longer made which means you'd have to get a refurbished board which is about $160 or so.