Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid slide in gas range kgsa906pss0.the gas

Customer Question
in the oven won't come...
I have a kitchenaid slide in gas range kgsa906pss0.the gas in the oven won't come on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Did this just start ?

what does the control display show?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hey woody,sorry for the delayed response.the oven will not light broil or bake,it has a electric element to preheat at the broil.the control shows correct function bake/broil/convection bake,but nothing but element at broil area is the only thing that's work.it does not have a glow bar system.i have put a new touch pad(other was not taking commands)and that solved that but no gas comes on in oven.there is no tech sheet,so I have replaced both spark and relay board still no luck.please help me get this going,willie

Willie when you turn Bake or broil on do you hear the igniter sparking at all? if you have no sparking the spark module does a test of the circuit if it senses that the gas valve coils either bake or broil are open /BAD it will not spark at all.

The gas valve is under the oven behind the drawer you can test the gas valve for continuity .

Test orange to red is Bake and orange to blue is Broil , let me know if either one shows no continuity. I can give you the valve part number if you need it.

John, Home Appliance Technician