Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My top loading gh efficiency washer stops in the middle of a…

Customer Question
My top loading high efficiency...
My top loading high efficiency washer stops in the middle of a cycle what's wrong with it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When the washer stops what wasc it doing just before it stopped? trying to figure out where exactly it stopped at?

Rinse is lit up then it goes back to wash and stops

what do you mean it goes BACK to wash?

When it stops the wash light is on but it makes it to rinse before it stops

ok if it is in the rinse mode has it filled with rinse water yet?

If not are both Hot and Cold water supplies turned on to the washer?

Both water lines are on the lid lock keeps me from looking inside but when it unlocks the closes are dripping wet

ok so you do not have standing water in the washer when it stops?

And when it stops is the lid still locked?

That's correct

Ok so whwn it stops do you still have lights lite on the console?

the wash light is on but before it stopped the it made it to rinse

OK I have a question that has been bothering me !

You said the unit rinse light is lit up then it goes back to wash light being on .

The unit will not go back the wash light is first then the rinse light , no way the rinse light would be on then it goes back to wash .

are you sure that is what you are seeing?

I dont know if it rinses or not but the light comes on and then it goes back to wash and stops l been finishing the load buy truning the dail to rinse and spin then drain and spin

Ok how long does the rinse light come on for before it goes BACK to the wash light being on?

I never sat and watch when l was trying to figure out what was going on l would ckeck every 20 min or so it stay on for the frist ckeck so I'll guess an half hour

so the rinse light is in for a half an hour and then it goes back to wash?

And what cycle are you setting the unit on when this happens?

It dose it on all wash cycles

ok I suspect that you have a control board issue then it is the brain for the entire unit. it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Control-Board/W10671342/3451097?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

I got the control broad today started disconnecting the washer noticed the filter on the cold water side was filled with junk cleaned it and hooked the washer back up problem solved just a drity filter

do you mean the screen on the valve? That is not a filter ,but that is the only thing I would think you would call a filter.

And watch it because if you had not been getting one or the other water supplies the control board should have given an error code of blinking lights and stopped working.

Till the error was removed.

So do a couple loads and see if it fixes the issue.