Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

2003 Dometric refrig. in mtr home. freezer works ok! lower…

Customer Question
2003 Dometric refrig. in mtr...
2003 Dometric refrig. in mtr home. freezer works ok! lower refrig only cools to 60 degrees
Any suggestions
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the unit does not cool any better on AC or Propane then likely you have a cooling unit failure. The "coolant" goes to the freezer first, then the refrigerator, so compromised cooling capacity affects the refrigerator first.

Start by making sure cooling capacity is maximized:
1. Defrost if more than 1/4" of ice.
2. Do the "dollar bill test" to verify that the door seals are snug.
3. Insure that the restrictor is in the bottom/outside end of the condensate drain.
4. Check that air flow in the bottom and out the top of the outside refrigerator area is unobstructed.
5. Particularly if the upper refrigerator outside vent is in the side vs roof, make sure there is no "dead space" above the refrigerator that can accumulate heat.
6. Do the burner area tune-up as outlined in your Dometic manual. Even a slight decrease in flame size can have a detrimental affect on cooling performance.
7. Lastly, use a manometer to verify propane pressure.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks