Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to remove agitator

Customer Question
how to remove agitator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

To remove the agitator you first just open the lid and grab the top softener cap of the agitator. The top softener cap will pull straight up and out. Then if you look down in the agitator you'll see a plastic cover with some plastic tabs like a handle. You'll need to grab these with pliers or something similar and pull straight up on the cover to remove it and expose the bolt underneath. Now just use a socket long enough to get to the bolt down inside the agitator and remove the bolt. The agitator will then pull straight up and out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.