Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dishwasher 2 years old. Must bang on door to get…

Customer Question
Whirlpool dishwasher 2 years old...
Whirlpool dishwasher 2 years old. Must bang on door to get it started. Sometimes stops in the middle cycling to have to bang on it again
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DW

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

From the description of the problem, I would say that you have a problem with the door switch on the door lock. You will need to disassemble the door and check the door lock and switch assembly. The switch looks like this: click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

You are having me "click here" to see what the switch looks like but there is nothing to click on?

Sorry, I don"t know why the link did not work.

try this one

click here

Great that worked. Ordered the part and hope it works. Thanks for your help!

Got the part, replaced it, all lighs are lit but not starting