Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator/freezer - model

Customer Question
#GB2FHDXWQ01 - freezer on the...
I own a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator/freezer - model #GB2FHDXWQ01 - freezer on the bottom - and the freezer door handle is coming loose. I have had 2 people look at it and we can't figure out how to tighten the handle back on before it falls off. We can't find any screws, etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

You will have to slide handle off by pulling off. Once off you will want to make sure that the screws that hold it in place are tight. Also check the screws on the handle to make sure that they are tight. If not tighten and slide handle back on.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I am not able to slide the handle and pull it off. I want to wait until my son comes over and let him try. Should it be so difficult to pull off?

It shouldnt be. Let me know because that is the way the handles are tightened on those.

I tried again and the handle won't come off. I will have to wait until my son comes over, then I'll get back in touch with you.

Ok no problem.