Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Water Softner - Model WHES40 LL40 I came

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Water...
I have a Whirlpool Water Softner - Model WHES40 LL40
I came home and had no water pressure at all through out the house. The Salt Levels were getting low, and I'd meant to add salt for about 2 weeks. Ironically, I'd just purchased more Salt Pellets today.
QUESTION: Could the low slat levels cause the water pressure to be off in the house? And if so, what should I do about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, there is some water build up in the bottom of the tank.
1/24/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

OK let me explain how a water softener works and then you will follow my thinking and response to your question. Water is fed into a container full of ceramic beads, these act like a magnet to the calcium solids and duly extract them from the water the now soft water passes through into you water system. The next bit is where people get confused, periodically the ceramic bead container has to be back flushed to wash away the calcium. This is done by mixing salt with water into a brine solution and flushing the bead chamber with the brine which is then deposited down the drain. Once this has taken place the system reverses and soft water once again is supplied to the home system. Most systems can advise that you are short of salt, they can mix a quantity of salt with water (if the salt is there) and backflush (if the salt isnt there it will just backflush with clean water. ) So in answer to your original question, NO the water pressure is the water pressure it is not controlled by the water softener and it is quite normal to have water in the tank. I hope that has helped in some small way You need to check the water inlet pressure first rather than think its the softener.

Would you now kindly rate the information given, once done you can ask further questions at no extra cost, thank You for using JA and have a great evening - Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Information is High and useful. What would do you recommend as the next step to determining where the sudden loss of water pressure to the house could be? Left for church this morning, water was fine, as we took showers and use sink. Return home several hours later, and no water to the house. Entire house.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Need more information. What other reasons could there be no water pressure in the house?
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

You should have a bye pass facility which will allow you to connect the main supply directly and completely circumvent the water softener. If you do this then this will confirm that the water softener is faulty or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went ahead and did some trouble shooting while waiting, and it's the well pump outside the house. The red light is flashing twice on the FRANKLIN SUBDRIVE 150 pump. It was on at all earlier today. I flipped the switch in the breaker box earlier. Now, I see a Green Light that is constant and a red light flashing twice. I did recharge the Water Softener after adding more Salt Pellets, though I do not see this as apart of the overall problem. Any help concerning the Well Pump would be helpful.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It wasn't on at all earlier", I meant to say. Now the lights are on, red one flashing twice.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK glad you found the problem and are now up and running again, would you therefore rate the advice given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time if needed. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco