Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire dishwasher mod # fdbb4365fc0 is shutting down…

Customer Question
my Frigidaire dishwasher mod #...
my Frigidaire dishwasher mod # ***** is shutting down after it starts to wash after the fill cycle, it will run for a little bit then shuts down entire unit? i have to unplug and wait for it to reset then power comes back. then trips again after restart.. i have replaced the mother board and it still does it. could it be the vent fan is not working?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Are you saying that after it fill that it trips a circuit breaker?

The vent .blower does not get energized until the very last of the cycle

You make it sound as if it is happening at the first of the cycle after it fills

it trips the breaker within the machine not the circuit breaker in the house I am plugged it for a while then plug it in everything comes back on

ok the only problem with that is the unit does NOT have an internal circuit breaker .

Where is this circuit breaker or what ever your calling a circuit breaker with in the unit located at?

And how are you resetting this breaker devise?

I don't know if there even is one but the whole unit shuts off then I am plug it for a half-hour and plug it back in everything comes back on then I run it and it shuts off after the film it will run for a little while so I don't think it's the motor And it sounds fine

when you say it shuts off ,does all the lights on the console go off also?

And you said ((plug it back in everything comes back on then I run it and it shuts off after the film it will run for a little while ))what film?

all the lights go off and when I plug it back in everything comes back on . and after the Fill then it runs for a little while then shuts off.

ok when it shuts off do you still have voltage to the control board?

Not sure no lights are on and no buttons work it's totally dead

ok we need to find out if when it shuts off is the control still getting voltage to it or is the voltage to the control board dropping out else where.

Test the Black P1 to the White P3-6 looking for 120 volts a/c

OK I'm away on business for a week and a half
Is there any other sensors that could shut the whole unit down like that ? I saw some on the bottom of the unit

No!

The water level float would just turn the water off during a fill cycle and the high limit thermostat will just turn the heater off .

The only things that will shut the entire unit down is no voltage to it or the control board!

I installed a new control board and it is still doing the same thing?

just because it is new does not mean it does not have a issue.

But that is one of the reasons we need to see if the control still has voltage or not when it shuts down.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

No I guess I'll have to call a technician to come fix it

ok no problem.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.