Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool stove and the oven is not working. When…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool stove...
I have a whirlpool stove and the oven is not working. When the oven temperature reaches the desired temperture desired I get a code of F5
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

The F5 code points to a door latch failure. To check it you need will need a ohm/voltage meter and I will need the model number so I can give you specific repair instructions and to locate the replacement parts. I the door latch and the self clean system seem to work then the error is with the control board itself.

To be of more help as stated I will need the model number, thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.