Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile Model PFWS4605LOMG the door latch went…

Customer Question
I have a GE Profile...
I have a GE Profile Model PFWS4605LOMG the door latch went bad and stayed in lock mode could not open had to force it. I replaced the switch. now the washer seems confused.
when I start it up it goes through its check cycle, locks the door but the read out says door unlocked. I hear the latch click several times as if it is trying to lock it then it goes into a pause mode and the start button starts flashing and the door unlocks. when I press it
it goes through the same cycle, its almost like it is one program step out of sync. or stuck in the program it had when the door lock seized. Is there any way to reset or what else can I check
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Good Morning. What I would like you to try is to start the washer let it lock and then try to open the door to see if the door will open in the lock cycle. Let me know what you fine please.

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Do you still need assistance on your question?

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.