Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a induction cooktop GE PHP900 contol that is locked

Customer Question

I have a induction cooktop GE PHP900 contol that is locked up. While cleaning with ceramabryte on the surface the cook top responded that the cook top controls is covered when I wiped up with paper towel, the cook top displayed a dash line instead of the digital number or blank on the display for three of the controls. I turned the power off expecting the controls to reset but it did not. Left it unpowered over night.One cook top burner is operational and the timer is working but the the other three does not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the other three do not respond when you press the buttons to turn them on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the touch screen touch does not respond

The touch pad is shorted. It's actually a fairly common issue. The touch pad will need to be replaced to fix this issue.

These units are not easy to work on. if you're handy, you can make the repair. Plan for at least 3-4 hours for the repair.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have an extended warranty purchased on this cook top but I was hoping for some reset for the controls so I could continue to entertain guests. I guess I will have to call the warranty company for service unless you have a quick fix. Thanks

No quick fix for this issue unfortunately.You will need a new touch pad to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willing to pay but I have a bad feeling to pay $37 for a problem that I have a short ted control board and need it replaced. Is there a lower cost for me to approve. (This is why I have not logged off)

I'll forward your request to customer service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Customer service may be reached at the link below. You will need to contact them.

CLICK HERE