Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Viking 30 inch stove won't hear uP.

Customer Question
Viking 30 inch stove won't hear uP.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

May I please have an explanation for the term "hear Up"? I don't understand what you mean.

It won't heat up.

In searching for information, I found a gas operated free standing range. Does this describe your range, and, if it does, is it the oven that's not heating up?

Gad operated Viking range. I provided the model number if that helps.

The oven burner igniter assembly is behind the kick panel, below the oven door. Open the kick panel cover by lifting up on it, and swinging it down. Turn the oven on, and check to see if you see or hear an electric sparking sound. Please let me know what you find.

Kick panel doesn't open.

I know from my experience, that it's supposed to swing open, on hinges at the bottom corners, after it's pushed upward from the bottom edge. If it won't lift up, and swing down from the top, you will need to find out why. There's no other way to access the igniter assembly.