Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old Hotpoint that has stopped getting cold. Both…

Customer Question
I have an old Hotpoint...
I have an old Hotpoint that has stopped getting cold. Both freezer and reg section are warm. The fan is still running.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

* Can you pull the unit out from the wall please. We are going to check to see if the compressor is running.

no I am alone. never mind. Thank you
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you find the compressor to be running, you have a sealed system issue that will require professional repair. If the appliance is more than 10 years old, I would not recommend investing that much into repairing it. Sealed system repairs are very expensive, about $300 + parts.