Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer about 3 years old and it has…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool cabrio...
I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer about 3 years old and it has power but when I push start it illuminates the sensing function and will not start. I have tried unplugging the dryer to see if it would reset with no success
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

if the sensing light turns on but the dryer won't run, it means that the belt is broken or the fuse has gone bad. Usually the fuse is the culprit so you'll want to pull the dryer forward and remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Remove this panel and the fuse will be mounted just above the exhaust vent. Below is a video on how to access and test the fuse if you wanted to do this yourself.

CLICK HERE for video

And below is a link to order the fuse if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for fuse

Also, if the fuse is faulty you'll want to clean the vent going out your house because poor venting is usually how the fuse goes bad. If for some reason the fuse checks good, then the dryer would need to be taken apart to inspect the belt and either re-install the belt or replace it if it broke.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?