Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get the black hose off the drain pump on a lg top…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the black hose off the drain pump on a lg top loading washer, suggestion?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am replacing the drain pump on a lg top loading washer

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, have you tried using a flat head screw driver to loosen the hose up? That usually gets the hose started enough that it will come off. A pair of channel locks clamped on with a slight turn will normally break the hose free as well.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!