Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwash will not start
, It completes a cycle then…

Customer Question
Dishwash will not start...

Dishwash will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It completes a cycle then next time would not run we let sit overnight it would start have not be able to get it to start for a while week or more. Normal and high temp lights come on but it wont start

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

GU2300XTVS3

Thank you!

If you close the door and press cancel will it start up then and run for the two minutes?

no
tried the reset nothing changes, Cut power and recconnected nothing

ok if you open the door on the top center of the tank is a chrome door strike plate ,lets grab it and tweak it down some ,it may not be completing the start circuit for the dishwasher .

Then close the door and try a cycle and see if it then starts.

let me know

Do you still need assistance on your question?