Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool dieta stream wfw9550wl00have a f28 error code

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F28 is a very bad error code because it means that your motor control board isn't communicating with the machine control board. One of the boards is defective or the wires are not securely plugged in. You'll need to order and replace the control board in order to fix the issue. The motor control board is located below the tub mounted to the floor so below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?