Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer just start to make a noise on its own like a motor…

Customer Question
My washer just start to...
My washer just start to make a noise on its own like a motor running it was empty and turned off with the lid open no lights were own and I tried to stop it by opushing the start button and it hjust kept making the noise and I also pulled the plug for about a minute and after I pluged it back in it started to make the same noise/.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

It sounds like the washer may not have filled with water quick enough when you tried to start the cycle. Plug the washer back in and wait 30 minutes. If the washer tries to fill for more than 6 minutes and the washer never reaches the correct water level, it will go into flood mode which lasts 15-30 minutes where the drain pump just keeps running. Just give it time and it should time out---if not then you have a bad control board.

Now if the washer does reset after letting it run for about 30 minutes, that means that the washer didn't fill up quick enough so you need to make sure the washer is getting water from your house on both hot and cold water. If so, then you either have a bad control board or a bad electronic water valve that would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?