ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

GE TFE27F ice water supply slow to start and slow flow Can

Customer Question

GE TFE27F ice water supply slow to start and slow flow
Can it be adjusted
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your fridge

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GE TFE27F water flow slow to start and weak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can this be adjusted on the fridge

There is no adjustment on the refrigerator itself. If you are having a flow problem you have to have a problem with the filter if you are using one or the water supply faucet from the house has a restriction. I would check the water supply first by turning off the water and disconnecting the water line going to back of the fridge. Place the end in a bucket and have someone turn the water back on and check the flow. You should get a good flow of water into the bucket. Enough to fill a quart in about 15 to 20 secs. If you get a good flow the next step would be to check the flow coming out of the water valve to the filter. You would need to remove the valve to check it. Once out you can do the same procedure. Just disconnect the water line on the output side of the valve. The lastly the filter itself should be changed out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all that and it's all ok I have a new filter thetas for the GE and it was working ok before.
is there any other place the can be adjusted inside the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the look of it you can't give me a satisfactory answer and I will have to call out a serviceman to look at it.
Thank you for your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge me.
I will cancel the PayPal payment