Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gallery freezer temp has been rising from 0 to as much gh…

Customer Question
***** ***** My...

***** ***** My gallery freezer temp has been rising from 0 to as much high as 20 in the past 24 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The temp reading goes up and down if I open the freezer door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

FGHB2844LF5
ok

So the first thing you'll need to d is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to look at the silver coils behind the panel to determine what the frost looks like. Are the coils lightly frosted from top to bottom? Packed with frost/ Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...

temp is reading 15 now

ok that doesn't change what you need to do.

that will take some time so if i shut it down for a while maybe the "freeze over" will clear like with an A/C??

It may yes, If so then you need to plug it back in and wait 15 minutes to see what the frost looks like.

Ok will try that because it did go down to 0 and then a couple hours later it shot back up to 15 and rising now at 15 again
Appliance Technician: Jon, Owner/President replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Owner/President
Phone call session started
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The erratic temperature fluctuation is indicative of control issues. Of course, that is dependent on the amount of product in the freezer. If it is nearly empty, that would not be that odd. The product helps to maintain the temperature. Does it fluctuate that much when loaded with food? If so, the control will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE