Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Name is ***** *****
, Have an electrolux oven, that the…

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Have an electrolux oven, that the upper oven door os locked, and will not open. give me a second while I get the model #

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
model # ***** ES 65 GSB
Wife said power went out, but i can not confirm.
1/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

lets first set the oven to clean wait 30 seconds then cancel clean.

With any luck this will reset the door lock?

will try that

Ok let me know if it resets the door lock.

did not work. Going to let it cool down, and see what happens

it should not be that hot after being on for 30 seconds!

wife was preheating oven.
at present, the cleaning process shuts off after about 15 seconds all by itself.
When I look through the owners manual, and go through the process of resetting everything, an error code of e9 pops up.

The tech sheet does not show a e9 there is a F90!

Thee F90 is a Door motor mechanism failure.

Could be, display screwed up
If it is door mechanical failure, then what?

Upper Oven: 1. To have access to the door latch assembly, remove the 3 screws under the control panel which are fixing it. 2. Remove the electronic plate located on the access plate. 3. Remove the access plate located on the upper air channel by removing the screw. 4. Replace the motor latch with a new one and reassemble in opposite order and manner of removal.

this is from the models service manual.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not if you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.