Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a Whirlpool Duet Dryer washer The igniter burned out.

Customer Question
Replaces it and the new...
I own a Whirlpool Duet Dryer washer The igniter burned out. Replaces it and the new one worked but was cracked when I put it in. I ordered another one and now I do not have power going to the igniter. Could something else have going after the second one burned out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, the igniter is not getting voltage? You made sure by making a live voltage check at the igniter molex connector correct?

Thanks

I used a tester and no voltage

Does the new igniter have continuity? Does the thin white thermal fuse have continuity? If something shorted out when you made the repair, the board has like been damaged.

okay where is the fuse is it the blue disks I see

Blue disks? No.You will need an actual volt/ohm meter to diagnose the dryer correctly.

I do have one, is the the thermal fuse located on the housing is that the fuse your talking about?

What's the resistance of the thermistor? Does the high limit thermostat on the heater canister have continuity?

Sorry it took so long I have 121 Volts across the radiant Flame Sensor, I have continuity across the white thermal fuse, These is 27 volts and 1 amp to the electronic igniter, there is continuity across the high limit switch
are still connected
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

So your saying with the dryer running that your only getting 27 volts A/c to it ?

I have 121 Volts across the radiant Flame Sensor, I have continuity across the white thermal fuse, These is 27 volts and 1 amp to the electronic igniter, there is continuity across the high limit switch GGW9250PWO
hello are you there this is th e second time i have paid and got no one
Whirlpool Duet Dryer GGW92250PWO I have 121 Volts across the radiant Flame Sensor, I have continuity across the white thermal fuse, These is 27 volts and 1 amp to the electronic igniter, there is continuity across the high limit switch

ok so if you have 121 VAC across the flame sensor but only 27 VAC to the igniter I have to suspect that the holding coil on the gas valve is open .

Have you ohmed the gas valve solenoid coils out?

electronic igniter will not light replaced the old one didn't realize the new one was cracked it didn't work replaced that one and the above is the resulta. Could I have reuined the board
no shhould they have continuity
can you release them or do you need new ones

the Heat relay on the board is fine if your getting 121 volts to the flame sensor!

Yes all three coil winding should have continuity on the gas valve.

What do you mean release them ?

could the board have shorted out because the metal plate holding the igniter was black from shorting out

Again NOT if your getting 212 volts to the flame sensor the heater relay on the board is fine.

are you reading my replies?

now I only have 2 coils on my gas valve
Can I release them or get new ones

if your asking can the coil be removed yes they can be removed .

And they can be ohmed out in place.

I will check it out and see I have to go to work thanks

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not if you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.