Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new GE refrigerator model GFE28 installed 6 months…

Customer Question
I have a new GE...
I have a new GE refrigerator model GFE28 installed 6 months ago. When the replace filter light went on for the first time, I installed a new filter. I am sure that the filter was installed correctly. However, the "replace filter" continues to be on and the dispenser indicator shows that it is off. Am I missing something with regard to resetting the water filter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/22/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Follow the instructions in the attached video link and that should resolve your issue ~ Ian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UerVcdQXJ_Y

Basically press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds and it should reset. The filter may be in a different place in your unit but the reset is still the same.