Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Miele 4842 displaying "waterproof system

Customer Question
I have a Miele...

I have a Miele 4842 displaying "waterproof system activated". We had an appliance repair man out 2 days ago - not a Miele person - closest is 2 hours away. He got it working again. But now it is doing the same thing. He said there was only a drop of water in the base. Any suggestions other than tipping it forward? It is on a pedestal underneath a cabinet.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Maybe the spin cycle is not working properly. When this happen there are soaking wet towels in the bottom of the tub.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a float in the base of the machine that has to rise to actuate the switch that turns that light on. There is a leak somewhere. The most common leak point is in the rubber door boot. Open the door and stretch that rubber gasket in all directions. Do you see any holes or tears?