John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I replaced the smart board on a ge microwave # jvm1540sm2ss.

Customer Question

I replaced the smart board on a ge microwave # ***** The unit had shorted and burnt the connecter that held the white and yellow tied together and the black and red tied together so I do not know where these connections are made on the two lug connector between the transformer and the small white rectangular box. can you help me ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

The water inlet valve cam be tested on the J3 5 Blue to the J3-1 white for the cold water .

The hot water is tested on the J3-4 Red to the J3-1 white looking for 120 volts A/C

And it is actually the shift actuator and yes that is one of the components that the control board also checks before starting the washer .

You can ohm it out on the control board it is on the J16-1 Blue and J16-2 Pink and should read 2K to 3.5K ohms

And you can test the shifter for D/C voltage J2-4 Black + to the J2-3 Gray - for 13 volts D/C

wrong post