Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a refrigerator, model @ MZD2766GES, Serial #

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator, model @ MZD2766GES, Serial # ***** Rev # ***** I changed the filter because the red light is bright. I changed the filter and the red light is still illuminating. What am I doing wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You must reset the filter light manually, it won't reset on it's own when you replace the filter. To reset the light, just press and hold the LIGHT and LOCK pads until the CHANGE FILTER light blinks (approx. 3 seconds). The control is now reset for 12 months or another 416 gallons.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.