Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune washer and just purchased a new LID…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag Neptune...
I have a Maytag Neptune washer and just purchased a new LID control assay
My washer is model FAV9800AWW
The part I purchased is 25001208
I need instructions on how to install this part
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

This part is very easy to install. Start by pulling the washer forward and unplugging the washer. Next, remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel and remove the back sheet metal panel. LCD board will be mounted to the back of this control assembly. Disconnect the ribbon cable from the LCD board and then unscrew the board and move the board out of your way. Now there are plastic tabs holding the control panel onto the top panel of the washer. You can slide a putty knife under the left side of the control panel and try to depress the clips under the left side to unclip the left side. Then the entire control panel will pull toward the left 1 inch and pull up and out to replace it.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll send you that option now.

How do you disconnect the ribbon cable and why wasn't I sent visual instructions as I was last time I purchased a part. Your instructions are very vague for a beginner. I already figured out that I had to take off metal plate.
Do I just unscrew the two screws next to the ribbon that is holding the control pannel to the console? How do I unhook the ribbon and rehook it to the new console without damaging it

Unfortunately there aren't instructions for all parts which is why you didn't get instructions with your part.

As for how to disconnect the ribbon cable from the board, grab the top lip of the black connector receptacle on the board which the ribbon cable plugs into. Pull up on this and that will unlock the ribbon cable. Then you can pull the ribbon cable out after the top part has been pulled up about 1/4". As for disconnecting the display board from the control assembly, there are just 4 screws mounting it to the panel. Unscrew these 4 screws and the control board separates from the control panel.

Got the ribbon unhooked and now am having great difficulty using the putty knife to iunhook console.

If you can't seem to pry hard enough then you'll need to hinge the top panel up and backwards to access the plastic clips below the top panel so you can press on them below the panel. To remove the front panel there are 2 hidden spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. Use a putty knife and slide it into the seam between the top panel and the front panel about 3-4 inches from the sides of the washer and push back to release the clips.