Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and the intake/drain light is

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and the intake/drain light is flashing so unit is not running

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Dishwasher is not running and intake/drain light is flashing

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok, I can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

You need to check the flood basin for water there is a basin under the unit that if gets water in it will activate the flood protection system causing that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

how do I check the flood basin for water?

You need to remove the bottom kick panel and check in the basin or pull the unit out of the cabinet and check it as that is the best way to do it.

that's not going to be doable for me....I will just call a technician, or try the fixes I found on the web.
thank you

ok no problem

you have been fine, but your advice did not get the job done....a technician has come in and repaired the issue...a valve had to be replaced. thanks....I trust this means that I will be refunded for your advice.