Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Diconnecting the timer wiring as buzzer won't stop. It's an…

Customer Question
Diconnecting the timer wiring...

Diconnecting the timer wiring as buzzer won't stop. It's an older model Hotpoint range.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have the back upper panel off and range unplugged. front knobs have been removed some time ago; therefore, was not able to turn off timer switch, even tried small wrench. Just want to disconnect timer wire since we never use it.

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

one moment please im looking

no problem it should be on the oven face frame once you open the door .

not there, it's been missing for awhile. I kept it for awhile. Let me check for manual.

ok no problem I will need it to be able to pull any info up .

I'm sorry, I will try one more place, I appreciate your patience.

If you can not find it ,I can try to just pull the clock part number up from the numbers on the timer also !

I think it's under the fuse box, let me check please. Very small numbers.

no problem at all!

here are the numbers on back of clock timer: 68-5E2:

That brings nothing up it should be some thing like WR??X ?????

Hot point is made by GE and that would be a GE type part number.

ok, ill look again.

no problem.

WB22X5100

ok now that shows up as a selector switch not a timer.

Could you take a photo of the back side of the entire timer?

that would be great I just need to see the back clearly and then I think I can tell you which wire or wires to remove to kill the buzzer solenoid.

Ok, I'm sorry for the delay. So, I assume I add the photo on "add files"?

the add a file or the paper clip icon for an attachment

I'm sorry this is not working out and I have an appointment to go to. I may have to request a refund, not able to do the photo at this time.

if you would like to continue later on there is no time limit on your question.

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!

Ok, that's great! I'll try and do that and try to find more information for later.

I`m normally on line 10 Am -5 pm EST Monday -Saturday

But you can leave the info anytime .I will pick it up when I log on to this site.

Never mind, I got it to stop on my own by bending the small ringer arm. Thanks anyway.
Please tell me how to request a refund since I was able to stop it on my own.