Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Kenmore HE2 gas dryer I bought used that is working…

Customer Question
Have a Kenmore HE2 gas...
Have a Kenmore HE2 gas dryer I bought used that is working fine except it is making a lot of noise when rotating. Would like to quiet it down plus concerned that the noise may be a sign of bad things to come.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

It's hard to know exactly hat the noise is without hearing it and inspecting inside the dryer, but the noise is usually going to be the tensioner pulley wheel or the drum roller below the drum. The dryer will need to be taken apart so you can spin each wheel by hand to determine which one is making the noise and then you can replace the faulty part. Below is a video that shows you how to take your dryer apart. You can order parts at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter your model number.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?