Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just got a used working Frigidaire FFU21F5HWB upright

Customer Question
freezer and after putting it...
I just got a used working Frigidaire FFU21F5HWB upright freezer and after putting it in my house and plugging it in, both the door ajar and hi temp lights are on, and there is no number on the control panel. I have unplugged the unit for a few minutes, and tried to press the reset for a few seconds, but it doesn't change anything. The freezer is cool, but not working properly. I don't seem to hear the fan blowing either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

At a minimum the display control board has failed. If you can't see a number there is no way to control the temperature inside the freezer. Hopefully that is the only problem but there is no way to know until you replace it and then try to let the unit cool down. This display board is more than a display---it's the motherboard for your freezer so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for display control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?