Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My p4000 won't turn on. I've been fighting this while. When…

Customer Question
My p4000 won't turn on...
My p4000 won't turn on. I've been fighting this for a while. When I plug it in the fans start just a little. I press the bottom button and nothing. I've tested the fuse and theirs continuity across it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
The stove is from Bell and is a wood pellet stove.
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

If you have used the stove for over a year, it's likely that the fan motor shaft bearings lubrication has dried out. If that's the case, you need to relubricate the shaft bearings. Use 30 weight motor oil in an oiler can with a flexible spout.

I've replaced both the combustion and convection motors. The stove won't even start. I don't get any lights or anything. It ran 2 days ago after replacing the convection motor and when I checked on it the next morning it hadn't run much but was sitting with a #2 alarm. Now it won't start up at all.

I'm sorry to say that all I get, when I try to get information from the company website, is a black screen. I'll continue to try, and get back to you.

Darn auto-correct. The stove is from Breckwell not Bell.

I'm probably telling you something you already know. There are 10 reasons listed in the owners manual for the control board locking out and displaying the flashing #2. If you go to www.breckwell.com, choose your model number from the list, and click on "troubleshoot", you'll find the list of conditions and the ways to resolve your issue. I hope, for your sake, it's a wire loose. The replacement controller is over $400.

I just figured it out. It's not the board. I went through the list on the website already.
I see a lot of people have this problem when I look on line for an answer.