Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Sub-Zero refrigerator model 36UFD/s/ph-ss(2 years old)

Customer Question
My Sub-Zero refrigerator model BI...
My Sub-Zero refrigerator model BI 36UFD/s/ph-ss(2 years old) has consistently leaked condensation onto the floor since installation, where it soaks into the cabinetry and ruins the woodwork. Early on I resorted to putting a diaper towel on the floor and I am fed up with problem. Can it be stopped ?
Jim Amos
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

this will be free advice unless we have to go further.......... but maybe you are still under warranty........it shouldn't be condensing that much .....is the freezer maintaining its temperature?........is it in an enclosed area?..........what is on the other side of the wall?

The fridge has a wood cabinet panel on each side with 2" spacing on both sides. Build to the Sub-Zero specs. for installation. The panels are the height of the unit and on the right facing side overhead and under counter cabinets extend. The fridge is completely open to the ceiling over the top of the unit.
The freezer and refrigeration temps. are maintained.
The unit is just beyond warranty....of course
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hi James,

I am a different tech and I see that your first contact has opted out of your question.

Lets see if we can figure this out. I have a similar refrigerator and they all work pretty much the same way.

First off have you ever had SubZero come out and try to repair this problem?

Second, dooes the water appear to come from underneath the machine or is it coming from inside and dribbling down onto the floor?

Third, how old is it since your purchased it?