Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I got ice out of my refrigerator and it started making a…

Customer Question
I got ice out of...
I got ice out of my refrigerator and it started making a continuous "grinding" or "fluttering" noise. It does not dispense ice, and the noise continues.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the noise coming from the fan in the back of the freezer?

No, from the front, right in the icemaker
The noise has stopped, and the refrigerator is dispensing ice.

Ok there was a chance that the auger got stuck on or the flapper mechanism was binding up trying to actuate.

Actually, I had hoped my answer would tell me what to do to avoid this problem in the future or tell me what to do in the event the problem recurs.

If the problem reoccurs take out the ice bin and see if the noise stops. It is hard for me to say 100% without seeing it or hearing it of course, a video would help if you had recorded it. Thanks