Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I got a DFE29JSDISS refrigerator that will not run the

Customer Question
freezer fan or ice maker...
I got a DFE29JSDISS refrigerator that will not run the freezer fan or ice maker fan. The compressor and cfm will run for about 3 minutes then kill power to the dispenser, lights, compressor, and cfm. When I run service diagnostics, everything tests fine, if I run it before the shut down. I've replaced the board in the back (WR55X25146), the dispenser board (WR55X11144), and the efm for the freezer (WR60X10352), but to no avail. I replaced the main back board about a 9 months ago with part #WR55X24644, and it worked fine for 6 months until a solder burn out. Now this part number has been substituted. Is there a software issue with the substituted board?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

Some of the new substitution boards come with instructions and some models require that you cut a wire on some models or jump a wire on others, you will need to read the instructions that came with the board to see if that is one of the boards that have to be jumped or not. If not I would return that board because it's just bad and it needs to be replaced. That is the only thing that would cause all of those issues.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson