Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Can't remove a water filter from my Kenmore Elite

Customer Question
Refrigerator. Model No. 795.71053.011. Serial #:104KR00294...
Can't remove a water filter from my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator. Model No. 795.71053.011.
Serial #:104KR00294. I'm following all instructions per the manual, and watched U-Tube on actual removal. It may have been in there for several years and not replaced. It will not come out so I can replace it. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Have you also turned the water supply off to the refrigerator and pressed the chilled water to remove ant pressure with in the system on the filter?

And are you even able to get the filter cover open?

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think Woody to a shot in the dark on this one. No where does it say in the Use & Guide Manual to turn off the water. Disapointed in the WEAK response. Woody can't talk to me 'cause he's too buzy working.!!!
Expect a full credit soon or I will call Visa.

You are correct it does not tell you that in the book but if the static water pressure is pushing on the water filter it CAN make it difficult to remove ,that is why I asked the question IF you had tried that I did not SAY to do it!

And I replied to you at 11:55 (1 minute after you posted your questions and YOU are the one just replying back to me over 2 hours later .

So how do you figure ((Woody can't talk to me 'cause he's too buzy working.!!!))?

John, Home Appliance Technician