Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have no power to my maytag DW

Customer Question
I have no power to my maytag DW
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you with this matter is there an off and on switch at wall also has the breaker been checked to see that it didnt trip.

I checked breaker and it was not tripped

Ok on the control panel you stated you had it open there is a thermofuse that has two wires on it in snaps on the side of the control board but the end of it sits inside the board very visible it has two wires on it can you access the panel again

Any suggestions?
I see that

Ok pull those 2 wires off and get a jumper wire and connect them together if all is good that control panel will light up. Remember the power is on so turn the breaker off then try this Dont forget to rate me on my help in resolving this issue thank you

Yes those 2 black wires with the white plastic ends

What's a jumper wire? Something to check if it has power?

What you will be doing is get a piece of wire to attach those two black wires together placing each end in one of the wire ends this will bypass the fuse and power the machine up

Are you still helping me?

yes im looking at pic one second

Yes perfect now power the machine u if everything else is good the control should power up let me know

Okay. The power on the panel comes on. That means this fuse is burned out, correct?

Yes thats correct great diagnostic job on your end any high voltage power surge or glitch will burn it to avoid further damage you can order it at www.repairclinic.com they ship out the same day please rate me on my help in resolving this issue .thank you

Yes sir did do you have a question for me