Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher will not drain and when I try to unclog it,

Customer Question
nothing changes and the water...
My dishwasher will not drain and when I try to unclog it, nothing changes and the water remains in the bottom.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So first, I'm going to assume you didn't replace your garbage disposal under the sink before this issue occurred---so if you did then quit reading and let me know.

Ok so, the first thing you'd need to do is make sure your drain line isn't clogged. To do that you'd have to uninstall the dishwasher and disconnect the drain hose from below the dishwasher which goes from under your sink down to the drain pump. Blow through it and if it's clogged, replace the drain hose or try to snake it out.

If the drain line is clear and the filters are clear, there is only one thing that can stop the water flow and that's the drain pump itself. The drain pump is mounted underneath of the unit on the right side. There is a black 4 inch long hose connected from the main sump connected to the drain pump. Then on the otherside of the drain pump is the drain hose. First, make sure you are getting 120V to the drain pump. If you are then you need to remove the drain pump and see if anything is jamming the pump itself. If you don't find anything jamming it then you need to replace the pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?