Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LG model lsc27910TT. Ice maker works fine, but has recently…

Customer Question
LG model lsc27910TT. Ice...
LG model lsc27910TT. Ice maker works fine, but has recently started making "grinding noise. To me, sounds like worn gears or a shaft "wallowing" around. Fixable, or replace?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So this is definitely fixable, but you'll need to determine if the bucket is making the noise or the auger is making noise when it's under stress. Tape the door light switch shut and grab the fork against the back wall inside the freezer which turns the bucket auger. Then press the paddle and try to stop the auger fork by applying pressure. You won't be able to stop it of course, but does the noise appear when applying pressure? If so then you need to replace the auger motor. If not then you need to replace the ice bucket since it's sold as an assembly. Below is a link to both parts depending on which one you need. Both parts are about $160 so this is not an inexpensive fix I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for ice bucket

CLICK HERE for auger

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.